In my previous post I talked about our travel to the beach. And since I’m all about beauty and being OC, I’ll share with you my travel makeup kit! Do expect that every time I’m on travel, I’ll be sharing with you what’s inside my makeup kit and of course I’ll do some quick reviews on the products that I have with me while on travel. 🙂
Buckle up, this is going to be a long post! Here we go!
Some of you might be wondering, “Why do you need to bring a makeup kit to the beach?” Well, boys and girls, please take a seat and let me give you a lecture on this one.
Bringing a makeup kit wherever you go is as much as important as bringing undies and toiletries when you’re on travel. It’s as essential as skincare too, IMHO. I mean, guuurrrrl, do you want to look fugly on a city or place that you’ve never been to? Of course not! 😛
I know some girls don’t bother wearing makeup while on the beach. I totally get that. In my past life (LOL!), I was too lazy to put on lip balm or lipstick when I’m on a beach or any outdoor trip. Worse, I don’t even wear sunscreen before! GASP! Now that I’ve aged well (yes, I embrace that now~), I learned that beauty and skincare is IMPORTANT. Our future and older selves will thank us for that.
Now let’s get down to business. Are you curious to know what’s inside my travel makeup kit? I know you are! xoxo
I got this gray, mesh travel pouch from Miniso in Glorietta. I recall it only costs less than Php 150 and it fits all of my makeup essentials! Its lightweight and not too bulky when placed in my luggage. Perfect!
I prefer wearing light makeup when I’m on the beach. I still want my face to breathe and I want my makeup to be waterproof when I go on swimming. In my experience, you don’t need to compromise your base makeup when you’re outdoors, especially when you plan to swim. As always, wearing sunscreen is important especially on the face. Most people I know only put sunscreen on their arms and legs. But hey, don’t forget that your face needs sun protection too. You don’t want to have wrinkles on your 20s, do you? 🙂
I have combination skin type so I also wear a no-shine primer after sunblock. Base products like CC creams are perfect for beach trips since it easily blends on your skin tone even if you’ve tanned from too much sun exposure. If you want to cover some of your dark spots and pimples, concealer is a necessity is as well. Using a pressed powder is optional, I use it when I don’t have time to retouch or if I don’t plan to swim or soak in the water.
Quick review on the products:
- I’ve been using Sugao Air Fit CC Cream for more than 3 months now and I can say it’s perfect for outdoor base makeup. It’s not too sticky and it easily blends on my skin complexion. I got this from my Tokyo trip last year.
- I got the SHE Makeup All in One Concealer from the Dollar Store in Market! Market! I have little expectations when it comes to this product since it costs only Php 99. So far I’m happy with its coverage although sometimes I have a hard time blending this in my under eyes since the formulation is too sticky. Oh well.
- Fashion 21 Pressed Powder is my current favorite pressed powder. I was surprised to know that it costs less than Php 200 (if I’m not mistaken). It has a light to medium coverage, perfect for achieving a light makeup look. The shade selection of this pressed powder is perfect for Filipina skin tone. I’m medium skin tone (NC37 in MAC) and Shade #02 is a perfect match for me.
- Quick FX No-Shine Mattifier has been my ride or die primer. This product is affordable, easy to bring when you’re on travel, and it truly makes my face matte in finish. A lot of beauty enthusiasts that I know really love and swear by this product. If you haven’t tried this, you’ve been missing a lot especially if you’re a combination skin type like me!
- Its my first time to try the Quick FX Sun Block. I decided to use this since it easily fits my makeup kit. This product has SPF 50 and PA+++ which means its a perfect sun protection when you’re on the beach. What I like about this product is that it’s multi-purpose: it give sun protection with skin care benefits. This is perfect for my skin type although I just noticed that the product is too runny that it tends to have oil residues when not used for too long (I bought mine 3+ months ago before my beach trip, that’s why~).
I only brought basic eye makeup products: brow pencil, brow tint, eye liner, and lash mascara. I selected neutral colors since I only want my eyes to pop and my brows neatly combed. I only used brown eye shadow pots from MAC: satin and lustre in finish. These products gave me a natural but striking eye makeup look. 🙂
Quick review on the products:
- Careline Color Pencil has a very good color pay off. Although it comes in a pencil, the formula is very soft and easy to apply. The shade that I have is in reddish brown and since I have a bleached hair I apply this very lightly in my brows. Afterwards, I use Maybelline Fashion Brow in Yellow Brown so that I can blend and comb my brows to my desired look.
- I got the Dolly Wink Eyeliner Pencil on 50% off sale from Pure Beauty in Serendra. It’s a good eye liner pencil: glides easily in the eye lids and it doesn’t easily smudge or wear off in water. The brown shade is perfect for my skin tone and it gives a neutral pop of color in my eyes.
- Yadah Auto Gel Liner is perfect for beach and outdoor makeup. This eye liner is definitely water proof and it doesn’t smudge easily. What I like more about this product is the packaging and it has a sharpener which is very convenient to use.
- I’ve been using Benefit Roller Lash Mascara since March and I always say that I find this as a dupe of my favorite Diorshow Iconic Overcurl mascara. I like mascaras that really curls and lengthens my lashes. I also like that Benefit has a travel size of their products too. Really convenient!
- MAC Eye Shadows Soba and Honey Lust has been my staple eye makeup shadows in my daily kit. I personally love Soba because it creates a perfect shadow in my eyes and its satin finish gives the right color dimension. On the other hand, Honey Lust gives the right amount of brightening effect in my eyes because of its lustre finish.
CHEEK / BRONZE / CONTOUR MAKEUP:
Cream blush sticks are perfect for outdoor and humid weather. It gives the right color flush in your cheeks and it has a good staying power. Of course, don’t forget to bring your contour powder and bronzers during your beach trip. It will give you a perfect sun kissed and tan look! ❤
Quick review on the products:
- Good thing I have the Bench Paint Box Cream Blush and Tony Spoiler Blush Stick in my stash: both are perfect on-the-go blush and color pay off is perfect for my beach makeup look. I have 2 color selections: Fancy Pink and Tipsy Orange. Like my previous #FOTD post, pinks and corals are perfect color shades especially when you’re in the beach!
- I used MAC Mineralize Skinfinish as bronzer to give me a right amount of glow in my face, while Canmake Shading Powder has been my favorite and go-to contour weapon. Even if I have tanned because of too much sun during our trip, it gave me a right glow and dimension that I wanted to achieve.
As you may have noticed, I brought a lot of lip products! In this case, lip balms and lip tints are my weapon of choice. Color lip balms are multi-functional because it gives you the right moisture and pigmentation. Lip tints, on the other hand, are perfect for stained lip makeup look which is trendy nowadays. The color selection that I have ranges from pinks, corals, and reds. Very summer-y!
Quick review on the products:
- Burt’s Bees and Maybelline lip balms are my staple products whenever I want extra moisture and protection on my lips. During our beach trip, I realized putting on lip balm is as much as important as putting on sunscreen. It sucks to have chappy and dry lips especially when you’re on the move. These lip products are a life saver for me.
- Color lip balms from Happy Skin and Revlon are my top pick because they’re easy to apply and they have wonderful color pay off. I love the shade Honeymoon Glow because it’s my go-to MLBB look while Unapologetic is a perfect pop of color for a beach makeup look.
- L’Oreal La Lacque has a pink/mauve gloss shimmer finish while Tony Moly Spoiler Lip Pencil has a coral/orange sheer finish. I like the gloss finish of Choco-lacque while I blend Help Me Coral with The Face Shop’s Watery Tint. Since I don’t put much color on my eyes and cheeks, I channel all the bright and loud colors in my lips. 🙂
For makeup tools, I only brought the essentials with me: eyelash curler, blush brush, brow spoolie, and eye brushes. Most of the time I use my finger tips to apply and blend my makeup. No need to be technical on makeup application when you’re on the beach. You just need a quick fix and a pop of color then you’re good to go! 🙂
- Make sure all of your makeup products will fit in one handy kit! No need to bring your entire stash.
- Basics and essentials only! For me, the essential makeup products in my travel kit are: sunscreen, pressed powder, eyebrow pencil, eye mascara, blush stick, and color lip balm. The rest are optional but good to have.
- Add a pop of color! Going on a beach trip is the best time to wear your loud lip or other colorful makeup products. Perfect for the beach and sunny vibe!
I hope you guys enjoy this long post! Do share your thoughts as well! I’d love to hear what’s in your makeup kit when you’re on travel. ❤